TxVSN Digital Literacies Certificate
The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley (UTRGV) TxVSN Digital Literacies Certificate is a 12-credit online program that prepares teachers to teach and assess children effectively online.
- Online Public School K-12 Teacher in Texas
- Educational Technology Consultant and Liaison
- K-12 Teacher (face-to-face and hybrid)
- Independent School District Specialist, Staff Development
- Consulting and Training
- Regional Educational Service Center or Texas Education Agency Staff
- Developmental Education Instructor of Children or Adults (GED, ESL, and Tutorial Programs)
Apply to the UTRGV Graduate College:
- Submit a UTRGV Graduate Application at www.ApplyTexas.org. The university application fee of $50 ($100 for International Applicants) can be paid online by credit card or electronic check (in the online application). All application fees are nonrefundable.
- Register on the UTRGV Recommenders and Document Upload Webpage. This is where you will request recommenders and upload program requirement documents, and where the graduate office will upload your transcripts. If you do not complete this step, we will not be able to process your application.
- Request your transcripts and other supporting documentation to be mailed to:
The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
The Graduate College Marialice Shary Shivers Bldg. 1.158
1201 W. University Drive
Edinburg, TX 78539-2999
Review and submit all Program Requirements:
- Online application at www.ApplyTexas.org. The university application fee of $50 can be paid online by credit card or electronic check (in the online application). All application fees are non-refundable.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or a recognized international equivalent in a similar or related field.
- Undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended (must be submitted directly to UTRGV).
Students whose native language is not English or who studied at a University outside the U.S.:
- TOEFL or IELTS Language Proficiency Test with minimum scores: 550 on paper-based, 213 on computer based, or 79 on Internet-based for the TOEFL; 6.5 for the IELTS. TOEFL and IELTS scores are valid for two years. Link to Graduate Studies TOEFL/IELTS for additional information.
- English translation of educational records.
- Transcript Evaluation by the Foreign Credentials Service of America (FCSA). Link to Graduate Studies Credentials Evaluation for additional information.
|Domestic||Jul 1||Nov 15|
Note: Students admitted only to a Certificate Program are not eligible to obtain a Student Visa from UTRGV.
Click the course title to view the course description and prerequisites in the Texas Information System (TIS) Course Inventory.
All courses are offered by UT Rio Grande Valley.
- EDTC 6340 Integration of Advanced Technologies in Education and Training
- EDTC 6341 Student-Centered Learning Using Technology
NOTE: The following courses are synchronous and have required online meeting times. Meeting times will be listed in the Section Notes field in the Course Schedule.
- RLIT 6303 Diverse Learner Digital Literacies and Reading
- RLIT 6306 Assessment Practices in Digital Literacies and Reading
Kathy Bussert-Webb, PhD
Program Director, Professor